Overwhelmed. Uncertain. Hopeless. Tired. These are words I’m hearing people say everyday when they describe their current thoughts and feelings.
The last few months have been unlike anything we’ve ever seen before. It’s a chaotic time, and people are left wondering…
How do I process all of this?
Where do I go from here?
How do I get relief?
Looking at your news feed can be soul crushing. It causes worry and anxiety and can be a huge distraction in your life.
Pay attention to warning signs.
8 Warning Signs You’re Mentally and Emotionally Exhausted
1. You are easily irritated.
2. You are always feeling low and lack motivation in your life.
3. You experience fits of anxiety quite often.
4. You can’t sleep properly.
5. You sense a kind of detachment.
6. You cry for no reason at all.
7. You feel dizzy and nauseous.
8. You are constantly tired.
I’ve been on the leading edge of some of these. The first one can be a full on experience, which is why I’m avoiding Twitter. How about you?
A Path Forward
Here’s steps you can take on your path forward that will make you unstoppable.
1. Acknowledge the moment. We’re writing history. Without a doubt, the world will look back on 2020 as a year that felt like a decade and shaped a century.
2. It’s OK to not be OK. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change what I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
3. Self care is not selfish. Give yourself a break, even just ten minutes. Eat an apple. Stand up and stretch. Gaze out the window. When you give yourself a break you’ll have capacity to cut others some slack.
4. See with new eyes. “The real journey of discovery consists not in looking for new lands but in seeing with new eyes.” Marcel Proust Merling Sapene shared the quote in a Processing the Pivots Webinar, hosted by Pastor Patti Miller at Evangel Church, Montreal.
5. Living next door to the fridge does not make a for a good neighbor. Counting to ten before you open the door can keep you from disaster.
6. Watch something, do something, or learn something that is fun or at least can make you laugh. I’ve tried to make time everyday to catch some part of Kelly Clarkson’s Show. Kelly is fun and makes me smile and she won an Emmy for doing just that.
Know that you are deeply loved by God just the way you are and that you don’t have to be so hard on yourself.
What are you doing to create a path forward? Please leave a comment at the bottom.
Hope grows here. You’ll find stories that inspire, build faith, and offer lasting purpose.
We’d love to have you Subscribe to REVwords. Helpful content will arrive in your inbox early Mondays to get your week off to a thoughtful start.