Steve Siebold is an ex-tennis player who studied the habits, thought processes, and philosophies of world class performers for twenty years. Then he put it all together in a best-selling book about mental toughness.
Each “secret” has its own page. Steve explains his ideas simply and with coordinating resources and action steps, making all the advice that much easier to implement into real life.
What Steve says makes sense. If you are having trouble getting your life on track and achieving your dreams, reading this book is a good place to start.
Five Favourite Tips
1. World class performers believe in self-reliance. Their philosophy is to take full responsibility for their successes and failures. You are in charge of you. Don’t make excuses. Do accept failures and successes.
2. Champions are of “good cheer”. They know that their inner world determines their outer world. Choose to be happy, and you will be.
3. Champions change their emotional responses. They know that treating people disrespectfully is classic amateur behaviour. I’ve highlighted this one. People need constant reminders.
4. The great ones always push for progress. While most people are complaining how things will never be the same, pros applaud the same concept. Get over the good old days, and think about moving into the future.
5. The great ones believe they cannot fail… they can only learn and grow. They’ve programmed themselves to disengage fear and move full speed ahead. Don’t be afraid to fail your way to success. Take risks! Enjoy!
What you have you discovered about being mentally tough? Please leave a comment below.
177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class
Hope grows here. We share stories that inspire people, build faith, and offer lasting purpose.
We’d love to have you Subscribe to REVwords. We’ll put helpful content into your inbox Mondays and Fridays.