anxious news watchers,
inquisitive students and
seekers of all sorts.
If you want to know what God is doing in the world have a look at your local church.
5 Ways God Is At Work Through His Church
1. The local church is the center of God’s attention and activity in every community. The Church universal is God’s experiment in love and grace. When believers love unconditionally, the church works. When believers make anything else their modus operandi we fail.
2. The local church is the hope of the world. Its pragmatic to be a part of a local church IF you care about making a difference that lasts forever. The Church is a “body” – His body – His hands and feet and heart and mouth. As the church goes so goes a community and a country and a continent.
3. Local churches aren’t perfect, but they are being perfected. Local churches can be:
in need of revitalization and revival;
holding onto antiquated practices and attitudes;
irritating in their self-absorption and
too often very good at missing the point.
Yet for all its failures and foibles, the local church endures.
Why? Because Jesus is building His Church and He’s good at it.
4. The Church is sustained by God. History attests that just when the Church seemed to be on the verge of extinction, it experienced its greatest triumphs. The Church has risen from the grave many times.
As the Enlightenment swept France and people turned away from the Church, the philosopher Voltaire predicted, “In twenty years Christianity will be no more.” Years later Voltaire’s house was used by the Geneva Bible Society to print Bibles. Boom!
Don’t count the Church out. God works through denominations, fellowships and independents to glorify Himself.
5. God is building His Church – the Church is people. One of the greatest experiences in life is when Jesus taps you on the shoulder and says, “I have a critical role for you in this world. And I’ve been preparing you, your whole life for it.”
How do you say, “No” to that?
Do you love the church you attend?
Does anyone else know that?
Have you recently invited others to attend your church with you?
The morning prayer of every believer should be “Lord, today I freshly commit myself to your work as you build your Church in the world. I commit all of myself to the role you’ve assigned to me in the building of your Church.”
How about praying that prayer today?
APPLICATION: Can God count you in to be a fan of your local church…imperfection and all? Make a re-commitment today to support the church you attend with more than just your attendance. I would love to hear from you in a comment below. Thank you.
I write to inspire people to be real, grow an authentic faith in Jesus, enjoy healthy relationships and discover their life purpose. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box early Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.