What else can you do in 120 minutes of your life that can give hope to 100’s of kids?
Yep, two hours…120 minutes…that’s all it takes to put a roof over the heads of kids, to put healthy food in their stomachs, love in their hearts, knowledge in their heads and smiles on their faces.
Honestly, I cannot imagine what it feels like to lack for any of the above. I’m rich in every way.
I challenge you to make Walk Run Ride 2017 a priority on Saturday June 17th.
I’ll never get tired of sharing how much your effort…our efforts together…can change a child’s life, forever.
Pastor Zowa, the director of the Village of Hope(VOH) in March 2017 said, “We are reaching children in a variety of ways.”
* In education we have 633 children 334 are sponsored by the VOH through the Child Care Plus program
* 44 are attending education offsite with ten minutes of the VOH.
* We are feeding an average total of 900 children including offsite in neighboring community schools.
* In senior high school college and university we have 13 students others are awaiting university confirmation
* We also have in our residence four students who are in university and higher education.
This is the kind of impact we are making together with VOH Zimbabwe
“I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.”
Together We Can
YOU can make a difference because its not just you alone. Together…that’s the word…our combined efforts build hope.
Think of the lessons your eight year old child can learn about how THEY can change another eight year old child’s world.
And this is serious fun.
You can push your baby in a stroller, ride bikes together as a family, get some cardio with friends along the Sturgeon River in St Albert.
Walk Run Ride 2017 is organized by North Pointe Community Church and its open to everyone.
120 minutes on Father’s Day Saturday…for the fatherless.
You can walk 2km or 5km.
You can run 5km or 10km.
You can bike 10km or 15km.
HOLLE will be there!
Are You In?
I challenge you to make WRR 2017 a priority on Saturday June 17th.
I will be running 10km.
And IF you can’t participate, sponsor someone – HOW ABOUT ME? – your donation is tax receiptable.
APPLICATION: Are you IN? Sign up today. Sign up a friend. Pass the word along. See you on June 17th at 8:30am at Lion’s Park!
I write to inspire people to be real, grow an authentic faith in Jesus, enjoy healthy relationships and discover their life purpose. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box on Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.
It’s about getting involved in something bigger than yourself. It’s about saying to God, “I’m open, throw me the ball!” It’s about community, building relationship, and encouraging others whether in Africa or Edmonton.
Sometimes I think I forget that this world is MY responsibility. It’s frustrating to see some of the things in the world, but then I remember that I can be an influence. I can make a difference to others, and I have to if things are going to change.
If you weren’t a teacher you should become one because you have lots of good things to teach. Making a difference is way better than complaining, eh? Better for you and everyone else. I’m a fan.