Elmer and Sherry Komant’s places of mission service read like a travelogue through hell.
The Komants led a church in a Muslim controlled city in Kenya, faced the after effects of genocide in Rwanda and planted a church in the poorest country on the continent of Africa.
They recently survived a political coup in Burundi.
And at an age when most Canadians are focused on retirement, they show no signs of tiring let alone retiring.
The Komants have been held up at gunpoint and had their lives threatened in more ways than one.
Elmer nearly died of brain cancer forty years ago.
At times they’ve lived oceans apart from their children.
The one constant is their trust in God.
The Komants are indebted to the faithfulness of Jesus – He has never let them down.
God’s been s-l-o-w in acting, but never late. They’ve faced more than their fair share of suffering but God’s grace has always been sufficient.
They wouldn’t trade their life as missionaries for anything.
5 Lessons Learned Following Jesus
1. Put God’s kingdom first and everything else in life falls into place.
2. When you lay everything on the altar for Him- absolutely give it up – its incredible how God blesses us.
3. We have learned that the overflow of God never stops.
4. I have found that God often speaks to me when I am flat on my back.
5. Counting the cost of following Jesus has meant great joy and great pain. The greatest sacrifice missionaries make is saying goodbye to family.
Viewing Elmer and Sherry’s video is worth a few minutes of your life.
But be careful.
Their passion is contagious.
APPLICATION: Elmer and Sherry will be at North Pointe on Sunday October 2nd at 9:30am; 11:00am; and 12:30pm Please share this on your social media platforms to tell their story and invite others to meet the Komants on the 2nd.
I write to inspire people to be real, grow an authentic faith in Jesus, enjoy healthy relationships and discover their life purpose. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box early Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.