Bravery is not a moniker that can be bought… it cannot be self-appointed.
Bravery is not attributed to everyone, but is reserved for those whose innovation causes them to stand out from the crowd, whose unyielding effort and error push their organizations into new territories, and whose boldness compels them to stand up for those less fortunate.
These are The Brave Ones.
12 QUOTES FROM SETH GODIN
1. I wasn’t brave enough to fail.
2. Bravery is not for other people anymore. Bravery is for us.
3. Are you going to make something worth talking about?
4. When we are all-in then we might do something people are willing to talk about.
5. If ideas don’t spread they die.
6. It’s always too soon. We can be prepared but will never be ready.
7. Change has a twin sister named tension.
8. Do you know what a purple cow is – remarkable. The definition of remarkable is something is worth making a remark about.
9. To make something remarkable, it takes obsession. Obsessive people do remarkable things.
10. Each of us have the ability to be a bridge.
11. There are other people who will race to the bottom faster than you. The problem with racing to the bottom is you might win. Worse, you might finish second.
12. Dreams don’t take bravery. Dreams don’t take guts. Dreams take doing better than you’re doing right now.
15 QUOTES FROM ED CATMULL
1. Most people define creativity very narrowly. I define it as the process in which we solve problems.
2. If you give a good idea to a poor team, they’ll screw it up. If you give a poor idea to a good team, they’ll fix it and throw it out and start over.
3. We began to focus on good teams rather than good ideas.
4. The creative leader makes the decisions.
5. For every one of our films, there is at least one offsite in which magic happens.
6. We’ve had a significant failure on every one of our films. But each gave us significant insights.
7. Failure is a powerful learning tool.
8. Failures are (falsely) used as bludgeons to attack opponents.
9. Failure is a necessary consequence of trying something new.
10. At the first all of our movies suck.
11. New ideas are fragile.
12. The beast wants clarity so it can work.
13. If we made just low-risk films, we would be creatively bankrupt. If we made just high-risk films, we would be bankrupt.
14. You must be brave enough to start something new.
15. It is better to fix errors than to prevent them all.
5 QUOTES FROM RUDY GIULIANI
1. What makes a great leader, what makes you get through the difficulties of life, is to put fear in right place.
2. Make yourself a problem solver.
3. What are my weaknesses and where am I going to find the people to help me with those weaknesses?
4. To be a leader you have to be an optimist.
5. You have to know what you believe in. You have know what you want to accomplish.
APPLICATION: Which quote did you like best? Please leave a comment below.
Pointes of View exists in order to help people grow their faith in Jesus, build healthy relationships and effectively live out their purpose.
- Subscribe. You’ll get helpful content in your email box on Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. Daily tweets with info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “Friend” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.