Beginning with the end in mind isn’t so much about goal setting, it’s more like painting a picture of what your year will look like from the end backwards.
Close your eyes and envision yourself looking back on your 2016, what do you see? What would you want said about your life as a result of how you lived?
At North Pointe we’re following a process borrowed from our friends at “OneWord365”
For the past five years we’ve selected ONE WORD to prophetically shape the coming year.
Our words have been: “REACH,” “AWAKEN,” “COURAGEOUS,” and “HOPE.”
What ONE WORD would you want summing up your year?
Your ONE WORD
Your WORD – it can be a discipline, character trait, or attribute of God – will become the compass that directs your decisions and guides your steps.
You may end up adopting North Pointe’s ONE WORD as your WORD for 2016 – “FEARLESS.”
That’s what I have chosen to do.
The word “Fearless” has already helped me make some critical decisions. I’ve asked myself, “Is this a fearless choice?”
How To Find Your ONE WORD
- Pick ONE WORD that sums up who you believe God wants you to be or how He wants you to live your life. One word you can focus on every day, all year long in 2016.
This single act forces clarity.
The WORD becomes your intention, prayer, hope, and direction. It provides a sticky, and effective tool for creating personal change at the heart level.
- Let your WORD guide your decisions and be a catalyst for growth.
- Staying focused on your WORD will help you to grow in the right direction so that you can actually see God working in your life.
Discover YOUR One Word for the year…but be careful.
As soon as you discover your word, the battle will begin.
God will use your word as a light and a mirror – illuminating your path and revealing things that need to change.
Your One Word will facilitate a great journey of highs and lows.
* Keep your ONE WORD where you’ll see it.
* I write my ONE WORD on the pages of my daily journal for the first couple of weeks of the year.
* Share it with others – it might just change their life.
ONE WORD is all it takes for a new beginning or a happy ending.
APPLICATION: Download this YouVersion 4-day devotional to help discover your One Word vision for 2016. Please let me know what your One Word is for 2016. Thank you.
I write to inspire people to be real, grow an authentic faith in Jesus, enjoy healthy relationships and discover their life purpose. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box on Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.
Awesome! Thank-you, great idea!
My husband and I have already started to say that we’re going to win this year against all the negativity the enemy throws at us.
Looking forward to “a winning year” for the Lowry family!
“Prevail” (verb) to prove more powerful than opposing forces, be victorious 🙂