Where is God in this pandemic? Could it be that God is near, closer than you realize? The story of an ordinary Joe shows that you can grow through what you’re going through.
Find the ancient story of a man named Joseph in the book of Genesis chapters 38-50.
Joseph was hated by his older brothers. They saw him as an egotistic, pain in the butt. You would not want to get on the bad side of these boys. They conspired to kill him. Joe was spared from death only to be sold into slavery and taken to a foreign land distant from all that was familiar and comforting to him.
He was far from a happy camper.
However, Genesis 39:1 records, “The Lord was with Joseph…”
Joseph was alone, but not ALL alone.
He didn’t just survive, “…he prospered…” even in a prison.
Has COVID felt like a prison sentence?
If you look carefully, can you see evidence of God’s presence in the middle of your mess?
God can turn a mess into a message. You can grow through what you’re going through.
8 Steps To Grow Through What You’re Going Through
1. Be careful of short-term thinking – your struggles will not last forever, but you will. You have a destiny. Life is more than meets the eye.
2. God uses everything for His glory and your ultimate growth.
3. Don’t make matters worse by doing something you’ll later regret.
4. Instead of trying to please others, focus on doing what pleases God.
5. See troubles as something useful to develop your character and maturity.
6. Waiting is sustained effort focused through prayer and surrender.
7. Grateful people see every day as a gift from God.
8. Trust God in your everything.
Which of the above eight ways stands out to you? Please leave a comment below.
Hope grows here. We share stories that inspire people, build faith, and offer lasting purpose.
We’d love to have you Subscribe to REVwords. We’ll put helpful content into your inbox early Mondays to get your week off to a good start.