Keeping up with the Joneses. That’s not Bob and Jocelyn. The statement means “you have to keep up with your neighbour’s material things.” Don’t you hate it when your name ends up in an idiom?
It’s good counsel to “forget the Joneses.” But not Bob and Jocelyn.
Material things won’t make you happy. Here are some things that will make you happy.
19 Ways To Real Happiness
1. Compliment three people every day.
2. Watch a sunrise at least once a year.
3. Be the first to say hello.
4. Live beneath your means.
5. Treat everyone like you want to be treated.
6. Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen.
7. Never deprive someone hope. Hope may be all they have.
8. Pray not for things but for wisdom and courage.
9. Be tough-minded but tenderhearted.
10. Be kinder than necessary.
11. Don’t forget, a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.
12. Keep your promises.
13. Learn to show cheerfulness even when you don’t feel like it.
14. Remember that any overnight success you see takes about 15 years.
15. Leave everything better than you found.
16. Remember that winners do what quitters don’t want to do.
17. When you arrive at your job in the morning let the first thing you say brighten everyone’s day.
18. Don’t rain on other peoples’ parades.
19. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.
(H. Jackson Brown Jr)
Which actions generate joy for you? Please join the conversation and leave a comment at the bottom of this post.
Hope grows here. We share stories that inspire people, build faith, and offer lasting purpose.
We’d love to have you Subscribe to REVwords. We’ll put helpful content into your inbox early Mondays to get your week off to a good start.