Keeping up with the Joneses. That’s not Bob and Jocelyn. The statement means “you have to keep up with your neighbour’s material things.” Don’t you hate it when your name ends up in an idiom?
It’s good counsel to “forget the Joneses.” But not Bob and Jocelyn.
Material things won’t make you happy. Here are some things that will make you happy.
19 Ways To Real Happiness
1. Compliment three people every day.
2. Watch a sunrise at least once a year.
3. Be the first to say hello.
4. Live beneath your means.
5. Treat everyone like you want to be treated.
6. Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen.
7. Never deprive someone hope. Hope may be all they have.
8. Pray not for things but for wisdom and courage.
9. Be tough-minded but tenderhearted.
10. Be kinder than necessary.
11. Don’t forget, a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.
12. Keep your promises.
13. Learn to show cheerfulness even when you don’t feel like it.
14. Remember that any overnight success you see takes about 15 years.
15. Leave everything better than you found.
16. Remember that winners do what quitters don’t want to do.
17. When you arrive at your job in the morning let the first thing you say brighten everyone’s day.
18. Don’t rain on other peoples’ parades.
19. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.
Which actions generate joy for you? Please join the conversation and leave a comment at the bottom of this post.
Hope grows here. We share stories that inspire people, build faith, and offer lasting purpose.
We’d love to have you Subscribe to REVwords. We’ll put helpful content into your inbox early Mondays to get your week off to a good start.
I loved this blog Pastor Bob. I try to incorporate all of those suggestions in my life. I look forward to your blog every week. Thank you for sharing. Have an awesome week.
Thank you Julie. I’m glad you are keeping up with REVwords!
Love your blog!!
Thank You for these encouraging words Pastor Bob. These are truly words to live by.
I have inhaled words of wisdom from both you and Jocelyn these last two years.
Yes words to live by! Blessings
Thank you Pastor Bob for this great blog. I always like your blogs and this one is really good. We should never compare ourselves with anyone else. Be happy and caring as life is so short !!
The learning is mutual.
Judy, Thank you for reading and sharing.
Thanks for another great post, Bob.
I think all the points are important…and my favourite is #11.
Blessings on you, my friend-
You just did a good hob of living out #11. As you do with all the others. Looking forward to connecting in person so we can effect #3 and #19.