There are certain messages that serve to get me back on track when I find myself off course.
Verses. Vision boards. Inspirational quotes. A personal mission statement.
Lately its been a manifesto – a philosophical declaration. Over the past six weeks I’ve been on a same page initiative with hundreds of other people at North Pointe.
All ages and stages.
Studying. Praying. Digging deep. Seeking God.
All your chips in the middle.
Mark Batterson gave us a context for study in his book All In. Took him thirteen years to write it. Impressive. Sacred.
He reduces his life takeaways from seeking God, to twenty-two declarations.
Which one speaks to you?
22 Declarative Ways To Go All In
1. Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death.
2. Set God-sized goals.
3. Pursue God-ordained passions.
4. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention.
5. Keep asking questions.
6. Keep making mistakes.
7. Keep seeking God.
8. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution.
9. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future.
10. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks.
11. Expand your horizons.
12. Accumulate experiences.
13. Enjoy the journey.
14. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can.
15. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life.
16. Don’t let what’s wrong with you keep you from worshiping what’s right with God.
17. Burn sinful bridges.
18. Blaze new trails.
19. Don’t let fear dictate your decisions.
20. Take a flying leap of faith.
21. Quit holding out.
22. Quit holding back.
Push all of your chips to the middle of the table, ante up all of your faith and go all in.
READ MORE About This Subject Below
APPLICATION: Which challenge stands out to you? Please leave a comment below.
I write to inspire people to be real, grow an authentic faith in Jesus, enjoy healthy relationships and discover their life purpose. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box early Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.
That is great. Can we stop looking back and criticizing.
I’m saying that and four fingers pointing back at me.
Putting all our chips in, I would guess that 23 should be no bluffing.
Good read. Well done.
This is a TED talk about NOT finding your passion. Instead, look where you can bring value, and from there, your passion will be.
This morning on my run the lines from a familiar song came to mind:
“I’m not longer a slave to fear, I am a child of God.
You split the sea so I could walk right through it, my fears were drown in perfect love.”
I like #6. Making mistakes means that I’m on the right path to success.