Where do sunrises fit on your scale of enjoyment? Some of the most searched images in Google are for “sunrise.” Are you one of those people who’ve never seen the sun rise other than in someone else’s photos?
Like a sunrise to sleepy heads, God’s work may only be seen through someone else’s experience.
Don’t miss out…Romans 13:11 alarms, “Be up and AWAKE to what God is doing.”
What Is God Up To?
1. He is working on who you are. Your identity plays a pivotal role in how you deal with life. As a Christian, your identity is not based on what has been DONE TO you, but on what Jesus has DONE FOR you. Your past cannot be allowed to determine your destiny. What Jesus has done for you and provides to you, are the critical conditions for your future happiness, success, fulfillment and eternal reward.
As a follower of Jesus, “we can’t afford to waste a minute, must not squander these precious daylight hours in frivolity and indulgence, in sleeping around and dissipation, in bickering and grabbing everything in sight.” Romans 13:12,13, (The Message).
2. He is raising awareness that the possibilities to serve God around YOU are endless. The Lord will help you AWAKEN to see possibilities and be prepared to meet them.
2013 was a year of economic growth in Alberta, and particularly in Edmonton. North Pointe was growing as well…
* Rev. Charity Mongrain was hired to be our Children’s Pastor and led our highest attended Summer Day Camp.
* Houses began to be developed beside North Pointe with a promise of 9,000 new neighbors in the next four years.
* North Pointe grew by 11% in average attendance and saw 36 people accept Jesus as their Savior.
* In September the Alberta Alpha Outreach saw over 300 churches in our province host Alpha groups, including North Pointe.
We had our highest Alpha attendance ever, with almost 100 participants.
* The Same Page Initiative (SPI) studied the book of 1 Peter.
* In October 7,500 copies of the WHY book were distributed in North Edmonton by volunteers from North Pointe. We began to
see guests attending from the neighborhood who received a book.Look around – there are opportunities for you to share the grace of God as you AWAKEN to them.
“Awake. Get out of bed and get dressed! Dress yourselves in Christ, and be up and about!”(Romans 13:14, The Message)
The Lord bless you as you AWAKEN to what He is doing in and around you.
APPLICATION: Please leave a comment below.
I write to inspire people to be real, grow an authentic faith in Jesus, enjoy healthy relationships and discover their life purpose. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box on Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.
I plan to use the word AWAKEN
for my one word,
and see what that will mean in my life.