Robert Fulghum wrote a bestseller in 1989 called, All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten. Fulghum got me thinking about where many people like me had their first introduction to Easter – in a Sunday School class.
Life Lessons Learned In Sunday School
1. Love is spelled “O-T-H-E-R-S.” Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
2. Giants are no problem for God.
3. Running from God usually means you wind up in the belly of a big fish. Run to, not from God.
4. A fiery furnace or a lion’s den are scary places where God shows up.
5. When our friends are sick we should take them to Jesus, even if we have to lower them through a roof.
6. Jesus can do a whole lot with very little because he is God. You can’t believe what he can do with a little boy’s lunch.
7. Jesus died for me and His tomb is empty.
The Garden Tomb
On a recent trip to Israel, our tour group visited the Garden Tomb, believed to be the place of Jesus’ burial.
As I entered the tomb I was overcome by an emotion that surprised me. Even if this wasn’t the ACTUAL tomb of Jesus it was like the tomb in which his crucified body was laid.
The tomb was hewn from rock. Compact. Cold. Empty.
The emptiness is what makes Easter significant.
All You Really Need to Know About Easter
1. Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so.
2. Little ones to him belong.
3. They are weak but he is strong.
4. Yes, Jesus loves me.
5. Jesus died on the Cross on Good Friday. Jesus died for me…that’s why its “good.”
6. His tomb is empty because Jesus is alive!
7. Asking Jesus into your life is the miraculous start of becoming a Christian.
8. Look up. Jesus is coming again. Soon!
9. Heaven is real.
What does Easter mean to you? Please leave a comment at the bottom of this post. Thank you and Happy Easter!
Hope grows here. We share stories that inspire people, build faith, and offer lasting purpose.
We’d love to have you Subscribe to REVwords. We’ll put helpful content into your inbox Mondays and Fridays.
I enjoyed ‘Everything I learned in Sunday School’ so much, I was sad when the list ended. This is the best Bible Commentary I’ve ever read. Please continue. The list of ‘Everything You Need to Know about Easter’ went in all my Easter Cards. Thank you.
A wonderful Easter weekend to you, Shirley! You made mine great. Will work on an extended list.