You’re not alone.
7 Ways To Beat Procrastination
1. Do nothing. Working is one of the most dangerous forms of procrastination. If you want to get yourself to do something, make the alternative to that task to do nothing. When there’s some chore you just don’t want to tackle, every other chore seems alluring.
2. Start. Think of the most discouraging thing that you are currently carrying or the biggest project you can’t seem to tackle. Forget about how you got there, just look at the clock, and before that number changes, do one little thing to make it better. After you do, enjoy your moment of success. And then do it again. Rinse and repeat.
3. Minimize frequency. How often do you find yourself saying, “In a minute”, “I’ll get to it” or “Tomorrow’s good enough” and every other possible excuse in the book? That should tell you just how serious your procrastinating problem really is.
4. Simplify. Overcoming procrastination is not about cramming additional work into your day. Overcoming procrastination is about simplifying your life to make space for the activities that matter most.
5. Stop. “No more excuses or procrastination! Stop allowing your days to be stolen by busy nothingness.” Steve Maraboli
6. Imagine. “If you have goals and procrastination, you have nothing. If you have goals and you take action, you will have anything you want.” Thomas Vilord
7. KISS. The final word goes to Lisa Mininni:
K.I.S.S. Procrastination Away:
Keep It Super Simple,
Keep It Step-by-Step,
Keep It Scheduled and Systematic.
11 Quotes on Procrastination
1. Do you know what happens when you give a procrastinator a good idea? Nothing.
2. “Procrastination is opportunity’s natural assassin.” Victor Kiam
3. Clutter is the physical manifestation of unmade decisions fueled by procrastination.
4. It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.
5. Procrastination is the grave in which opportunity is buried.
6. Procrastination is the result of fearing pain that may result from your actions.
7. “God has promised forgiveness to your repentance, but He has not promised tomorrow to your procrastination.” Augustine
8. “Procrastination and fear are the enemies of success; the war is lifelong, but the battles are daily.” Noel DeJesus
9. “Don’t ask for directions if you’re not going to start the car.” Rob Liano
10. “It is better to act too quickly than it is to wait too long.” Jack Welch
11. “The scary thing is, the more I slack off, the more it piles up and the more it piles up, the more I slack off.” Amelia Mysko
APPLICATION: What did you put off by reading this post? What are you going to do to change today? Please leave a comment below…now.
Like this? Pass it on, and follow for more.
I write to inspire people to be real, grow an authentic faith in Jesus, enjoy healthy relationships and discover their life purpose.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box early Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think