Belief does not have to be true in order for it to affect you emotionally. Myths, especially Christians ones, will make you miserable.
4 Christian Myths That Make You Miserable
1. Being exposed to sound Biblical teaching will automatically solve your problems.
There is no Bible hocus-pocus application by osmosis. You need to apply teaching. Even then, your problem may not be resolved.
2. All the problems you will face are addressed in the Bible.
They are not. There are many times when you will not be able to find any Scripture that explicitly deals with what you are facing.
3. Because you‘re a Christian, your problems are easily solved.
The Bible never says all of your problems will be over when you become a Christian. In fact, you will face new problems that come with faith.
4. If you are having ongoing problems you have a faith or a sin issue.
Nothing could be further from the truth. Having a problem simply proves you are human.
Your thoughts, not your circumstances, will determine your happiness.
Thoughts About Problems
“If I never had a problem I’d never know that God could solve them. I’d never know what faith in God can do.” Andre Crouch
“It isn’t that they can’t see the solution, it’s that they can’t see the problem.” G. K. Chesterton
“Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden.” Corrie Ten Boom
“Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution.” Stanley Arnold
“Real difficulties can be overcome, it is only the imaginary ones that are unconquerable.” Theodore N. Vail
“Times of general calamity and confusion have ever been productive of the greatest minds. The purest ore is produced from the hottest furnace, and the brightest thunderbolt is elicited from the darkest storms.” Charles Caleb Colton
“Problems are only opportunities in work clothes.” Henry J. Kaiser
“We must look for the opportunity in every difficulty, instead of being paralyzed at the thought of the difficulty in every opportunity.” Walter E. Cole
“All problems become smaller if you don’t dodge them, but confront them.” William F. Halsey
“The best way out of a problem is through it.” Anonymous
APPLICATION: Was this content helpful? Please leave a comment below. Thank you.
Hope grows here. I share stories to inspire you, build faith in Jesus, and forge lasting purpose. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. Watch for helpful content in your email box early Mondays and Thursdays.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.