Labour Day is Canadian, eh? It all began in Canada on April 15, 1872 and is now celebrated around the globe. Today we enjoy paid holidays, safe work places, medical care, unemployment insurance, fair hours, union wages and “the weekend” as a result.
22 Quotes On Labour Day ‘22
Some of my favourite quotes about work, labour, and labourers.
1. “Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”
2. “The harvest is plentiful; the labourers are few.”
3. “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.”
Paul of Tarsus
4.“At least make it look like you tried.”
5. “The tragedy of our time is that the situation is desperate, but the saints are not. ”
6. “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.”
Roy T. Bennett
7. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.”
Robert Louis Stevenson
8. “Thirty years ago my older brother, who was ten years old at the time, was trying to get a report written on birds that he’d had three months to write, which was due the next day. We were out at our family cabin in Bolinas, and he was at the kitchen table close to tears, surrounded by binder paper and pencils and unopened books about birds, immobilized by the hugeness of the task ahead.
Then my father sat down beside him put his arm around my brother’s shoulder, and said, “Bird by bird, buddy. Just take it bird by bird. “
9. “Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value.”
10. “Your ability to discipline yourself to set clear goals, and then to work toward them every day, will do more to guarantee your success than any other single factor.”
11. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
12. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.”
13. “If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six hours sharpening my ax.”
14. “Nothing is less productive than to make more efficient what should not be done at all.”
15. “Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goals: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.”
16. “It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials.”
17. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.”
18. “Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they started.”
19. “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.”
20. “Whatever you do, do it with all your might.
Work at it, early and late, in season and out of season, not leaving a stone unturned, and never deferring for a single hour that which can be done just as well as now.”
21. “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.”
22. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”
What’s your favourite quote that inspires how you work? Please leave a comment below. Thank you and Happy Labour Day.
Hope grows here. We share stories that inspire people, build faith, and offer lasting purpose.
We’d love to have you Subscribe to REVwords. We’ll put helpful content into your inbox Mondays and Fridays.
Be a person of value. Golden