The quality of your behavior is determined by the courage of your convictions.
Convictions are beliefs that have been tested and found trustworthy.
A conviction will get you through whatever challenges you face.
These are my convictions.
1. Put your hand on your heart. Feel that? That’s called ‘a purpose. You’re alive for a reason.
2. Nothing comes into your life that first does not pass through the hands of a loving Heavenly Father.
3. If you tell people you talk to God, they’ll think you’re religious; if you say God talks to you they’ll think you’re “crazy.” Live crazy.
4. The fingerprints of God are on every circumstance of your life.
5. You can turn your pain into profanity or poetry. Its up to you.
6. The devil wants you to think there is nothing more permanent than your temporary situation.
7. God is too good to be unkind; He is too wise to be confused. If you cannot trace his hand, you can always trust His heart.
8. Peace is not something you wish for, it is something you make, something you are and something you give away.
9. Allow God to make you a river, not a reservoir for His blessing.
10. Where there is no faith in the future there is no power in the present.
11. What happens in you is more important than what happens to you.
12. In school teachers give you a test after you learn the lesson. God gives you a test that teaches you the lesson.
13. The wisest moments in your life are when you say “yes” to God.
14. Let the size of your God determine the size of your goals.
15. For every setback, God will give you a greater comeback.
16. Worry is the warning light that shows you’ve stopped looking to God to meet your needs.
17. You cannot consistently function in a manner that is inconsistent with the way you see yourself.
18. Success occurs when preparation meets opportunity.
19. God cares about your comfort but He is more interested in your character.
20. Everything is created twice: first in your imagination and then in your life.
21. Mastering, “Thank you,” “I love you,” “I forgive you,” and “I’m sorry” will serve you well in any relationship.
APPLICATION: Which conviction stands out to you? Please leave a comment below.
I write to inspire people to be real, grow an authentic faith in Jesus, enjoy healthy relationships and discover their life purpose. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box early Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.
“In school teachers give you a test after you learn the lesson. God gives you a test that teaches you the lesson”.Wow, how simple, how true, how profound. Thanks you.
Some of the most profound things are simple, aren’t they. Thanks for commenting!
My favourite commenter!
I am just stuck on DODGE? This is more about power and reliability, like FORD! Seriously, what you’ve distilled here is like a chain of diamonds. Thank you.
Only you, Tim. You convinced me about the value of Ford trucks. Only thing is, Dodge has “Ram Tough” and that’s a cool handle, as you know. Thank you for graciously commenting. Affirmation received!!
#7 Once we know Gods Heart, which becomes more evident with each day in His Word, we can trust Him with absolutely everything. He is nothing but Good and His Faithfulness to His promises is as a shield around us. I like #7, it is always best to trust Him. Thanks pb, these are all great.
Thanks JS for reading and commenting! My writing is a labor of love. I hope you have an awesome Labor Day learning more about God’s love.
#13 flashed like a neon sign in my brain. I think I have been a little afraid to say “yes” to God in all situations. I have been afraid of what it could require of me. But it truly is the wisest thing to do.
You are a wise woman. And smart. And long-suffering.