The following quotes about money will open up a richer view of your finances and future.
1. Golden Money Rules
i. Give 10%. The first 10% of income is to be given back to God. Don’t mess with this priority.
ii. Save 10%. The next 10% is saved for your future. RRSP’s or TFSA’s.
iii. Put aside 3 months emergency funds.
iv. Don’t go into debt. If you must go into debt, pay it down as soon as you can.
v. Delay gratification. Say “no” to impulse spending. Wait 48 hours before buying something of value. Save to buy.
vi. Save when the saving is good. Wealth flows from savings, not income. When an unexpected windfall occurs, its important to put away at least 10 -15% of your income.
2. “That money talks, I’ll not deny, I heard it once: it said, ‘goodbye.” Richard Armour
3. “Money … is like a beautiful thoroughbred horse–very powerful & always in action, but unless this horse is trained when very young, it will be an out-of-control & dangerous animal when it grows to maturity.” Dave Ramsey
4. “Get to know two things about a man. How he earns his money and how he spends it. You will then have the clue to his character. You know all you need to know about his standards, his motives, his driving desires, his real religion.” Robert J. McCracken
5. “For money you can have everything it is said. No, that is not true.
You can buy food, but not appetite;
medicine, but not health;
soft beds, but not sleep;
knowledge but not intelligence;
glitter, but not comfort;
fun, but not pleasure;
acquaintances, but not friendship;
servants, but not faithfulness;
grey hair, but not honor;
quiet days, but not peace.
The shell of all things you can get for money. But not the kernel.
That cannot be had for money.” Arne Garborg
6. “Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen six, result – happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pound ought and six, result – misery.” Charles Dickens
7. “Let me ask you one question
Is your money that good
Will it buy you forgiveness
Do you think that it could
I think you will find
When your death takes its toll
All the money you made
Will never buy back your soul”
8. “…the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.” 1 Timothy 6:10
9. “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.” Luke 16:13
10. “When somebody says it’s not about the money, it’s about the money.” H.L. Mencken
11. “I don’t care too much for money, for money can’t buy me love.” The Beatles
12. “Rule No. 1 : Never lose money. Rule No. 2 : Never forget Rule No. 1.” Warren Buffett
13. “Wealth is not about having a lot of money; it’s about having a lot of options.” Chris Rock
14. “I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something.” Jackie Mason
15. “…when women gain control over spending, less family money is devoted to instant gratification and more for education and starting small businesses.” Sheryl WuDunn
16. “Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give.” William A. Ward
17. “Making money isn’t hard in itself. What’s hard is to earn it doing something worth devoting one’s life to.” Carlos Ruiz Zafón
18. “A person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.” Luke 12:21
19. “Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.” Jim Rohn
APPLICATION: Take time to look at your financial health. Which of the statements inspire you the most?
Like this? Pass it on, and follow for more.
I’m writing in order to help people grow their faith in Jesus, build strong relationships and make their leadership effective. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box on Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Church.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” our page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.
Money outlives man most of the times. You can’t take it with you. Be cautious how much you want to save and for what.