Phobia comes in a plethora of forms – fear of failure, falling, fire, flowers, flying, frogs, or fog to name a few.
How will faith help you face fear?
4 Facts About Faith And Fear
1. If you give in to fear, it will rule your life. Fear tears away ambition, kind actions or thoughts. It creates resentments, jealousy and anger.
Fear will make you doubt life, your friends and the best intentions of others. It can change how you feel and react to things which would not normally bother you.
2. Faith changes everything. A Bible verse, a devotional thought, a memory of past success, an email from a friend, a kind word, good news about a troubling situation.
Everyday you need to have faith that the Lord has a plan and purpose for your day.
3. Resist fear by choosing faith. “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
Martin Luther King Jr. often quoted, “Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered and nobody was there.”
Today, you have a choice: when fear knocks, let faith answer the door. Choose to believe that the Lord will give you the assurance to confidently face any fearful circumstance.
Claim the acceptance, courage, wisdom and the strength to carry out God’s purposes.
Fear may be knocking but faith will knock out fear.
4. Great faith recognizes great authority. Its not how big your faith is that determines your power. Its how big the authority is in whom you place your faith.
Jesus shocked his disciples when he commended a Roman centurion for having greater faith than anyone in Israel. What did Jesus see in the man? Complete submission to the authority of Jesus.
“I myself am a man under authority with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes.” Matthew 8:9,10
Nature recognizes the authority of Jesus. “Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him, saying, ‘Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!’ He replied, ‘You of little faith, why are you so afraid?’ Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.” Matthew 8:23-27
The first step to freedom from fear is recognizing the authority of Jesus. Put your faith in His authority and watch fear begin fade.
APPLICATION: When was the last time fear knocked at your door? How did faith in God work in your life? Please leave a comment below.
I write to inspire people to be real, grow an authentic faith in Jesus, enjoy healthy relationships and discover their life purpose. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box on Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.