North Pointe’s ministry is fueled by the passion of the men, women, teens, boys and girls who volunteer. Thank God for them.
Julie Whittal is the Chairperson of North Pointe’s Missions Committee and she, along with Adena Lowry and Diane Shaw, head up the Walk Run Ride for Hope annual fundraiser. (The WRR involves a 2km, 5km and 10km walk, run or ride that is fantastic for your whole family and raises money for ongoing support of children orphaned by HIV/AIDS in Harare, Zimbabwe.)
Julie’s Inspiring Experience
“I have volunteered with the Walk Run Ride for Hope the last 3 years, and my job has been to collect donations from companies and individuals for our event.
I collect money that we will send to the Village of Hope as well as prizes and promotional items that help to make the event fun for our participants.
The last few years have been great as we have always been able to find generous people who are willing to help.
With the decline in the economy I worried that this year would be a different story, and repeated this to myself as I began my search for support. Out of my doubt I prayed that God would provide. After all, God is called Jehovah Jireh, which means ‘my provider’.
It Was Time To Put God To The Test
The Walk Run Ride for Hope 2016 is just over a month away, and I have seen God’s blessings on us from unexpected places:
- I have had many companies excited to give prizes to support our event
- At last count, we have 9 new sponsors this year
- I have had 8 boxes of promotional items dropped off at my work
- I have had a corporate sponsor who asked if I needed tents or other equipment
- An anonymous donor will be matching our giving up to $10,000!
The more I open up myself to trust in God the more opportunities he has to reveal himself in my life.
I am reminded of Jesus’ words in Matthew 6:34 ‘Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.’
While my worries may be small in light of recent events, I know that no matter how large or small my problems, God deeply cares about us and he is in control of our situation.
Jeremiah 29:11 – ‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’
I am very excited about this year’s Walk Run Ride for Hope event, but more importantly I am excited about the multi-purpose building that they are building at the Village of Hope, and the important work that is being done there to give hope to the community in Harare, Zimbabwe.”
APPLICATION: Let’s finish the job on the multi-purpose community center and make full advantage of the $10,000 matching donation. Sign up your whole family to participate and enlist pe0ple to sponsor you or be someone’s sponsor. Together we can.
“Are You In The Picture?” – Walk Run Ride for Hope 2015
I write to inspire people to be real, grow an authentic faith in Jesus, enjoy healthy relationships and discover their life purpose. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box on Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.