38 Biblical Insights About Wealth
1. God is the owner of everything you have. Psalm 50:10,11
2. You are a trustee, manager, steward of 100% of what God entrusts to you during your lifetime. Matthew 25:14-31
3. God provides for you and prospers you so that you can share with others. 2 Corinthians 9:8
4. God sees the size of your gifts. Mark 12:41-44
5. Every good thing you have came from God. James 1:7
6. Refuse to become selfish about what God has entrusted to you. Mark 8:36
7. Give in proportion to how much God has blessed you materially. Mark 12:44; Acts 11:29
8. God has works for you to do during your lifetime on earth. 1 Peter 2:12
9. Actively set up a practical way to insure that you give 10% or more of your resources to God’s work. 1 Corinthians 16:2
10. Realize that wealth can deceive you. Mark 8:36
11. Your giving will be a great help and an encouragement to many others. Acts 4:34-37
12. Your giving will allow you to experience a fuller, richer more enjoyable life. 1 Timothy 6:18,19
13. Your life does not consist in the abundance of your possessions. Luke 12:15
14. You should not live for this life but for eternity. Luke 16:9
15. God will reward you for your faithful generosity. 1 Corinthians 15:58
16. While you cannot serve God and money – you can learn to serve God with money. Luke 16:11-15
17. Understand the destructive force that desires for more money can have on your life and faith. 1 Timothy 6:9-11
18. God will bring specific needy people in to your life that you can truly help. James 2:15,16
19. Realize the dangers of pursuing a life of pleasure. 2 Timothy 3:1-5
20. Doing good and helping the poor will give you a good reputation among others. Acts 9:36
21. Your job is to search out God’s plan for the resources He has entrusted to you. 2 Timothy 3:16,17
22. Your generous financial and material support will help Christian leaders advance the kingdom. Titus 3:13
23. Large gifts can sometimes be used to encourage others to also give generously. 1 Chronicles 29:1-9
24. When you give you will jeopardize your reward in heaven if you do it for the wrong motives. Matthew 6:1-4
25. It is dangerous to overstate the value of your giving in order to impress others. Acts 5:1-4
26. Your giving can spur people on to love and good deeds. Hebrews 10:24,25
27. God has a high regard for the Christian in humble financial circumstances. James 1:9-11
28. Even your small kindnesses will be remembered by God. Matthew 10:42
29. Generous giving brings great joy to God’s people and Christian leaders. 1 Chronicles 29:1-9
30. The more you have, the more you will become tempted to become harsher with others. James 2:6
31. In God’s work, the giver and the front-line worker are equal partners and will be rewarded accordingly. Matthew 10:41,42
32. If you want your children to be generous givers, you need to actively train and engage them in the process of giving. Ephesians 6:4
33. God calls some people to actively distribute their riches so they will be free from many encumbrances of riches to follow Jesus more fully. Mark 10:21-15
34. We are to be content with God’s daily provisions. 1 Timothy 6:6-8
35. It is important to honestly talk with those you may choose to significantly help. Mark 10:51,52
36. Any wealth gained from dishonest means is destructive and will ultimately be 100% redirected by God. Proverbs 28:8
37. There are a variety of ways you can support God’s work. James 1:27
38. Your giving in this life will have an impact on your experiences in eternity. Matthew 6:19-21
APPLICATION: Money is a master. The best way to master money is to be mastered by God. Giving God the first 10% of your income is about trust.
Hope grows here. I write to share stories that inspire people, build faith in Jesus, and offer lasting purpose. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box early Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.
Amen. Wonderful truths, Pastor Bob! We have been faithful tithers and givers of fruit since the day of our baptism and because of that we are at peace with our finances.
Hi do you have wealth classes?
Not in this semester. Possibly after April.