On the 20,000th day of his life, Robert D. Smith decided to change the way he measured his life. He spent the next 48 hours planning his next 20,000 days—and walked away with life-changing information.
His book, 20,000 Days is a crash course for mastering your life.
Recognizing life is short and needs to be lived intentionally leads to a whole new future because today takes on whole new meaning.
5 “I Will’s For Today
1. I will gain critical wisdom.
2. I will be pushed to maximize my relationships.
3. I will dedicate 100% of my life to God.
4. I will possess a crystal clear vision for my life.
5. I will realize life’s true value.
7 Questions To Start Each Day:
1. Whose life am I going to brighten today?
2. What three things am I most grateful for today?
3. What memories am I going to create today?
4. What challenges am I going to overcome today?
5. What value am I going to create today?
6. How much joy can I create for myself and others today?
7. What life-changing decision(s) am I going to make today?
3 Insights for Life
1. “Intensity is where it’s at.” Live for God, determine your purpose, value relationships, and live conscious of your earthly legacy and eternal afterlife.
2. “Motivation is a myth.” Believe me. You cannot motivate people to do any one thing. Even yourself. Never try to motivate yourself or anyone else to increase productivity. Instead, do the opposite: Increase your productivity, then the motivation will follow.
3. “There are only two questions in life.” What is important now? What is next?
APPLICATION: Leave a comment below. Thank you.
I was given a copy of the book from Booksneeze for review.
I write to inspire people to be real, grow an authentic faith in Jesus, enjoy healthy relationships and discover their life purpose. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box on Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.
Excellent words to live by! God teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain wisdom. Ps. 90:12 NIV