Your most vital responsibility is managing yourself.
Self-management is critical in the area of inspiration. Great leaders learn how to self-motivate.
I’ve collected the following quotes from mentors and momentous experiences in my life. I know there’s at least one in there for you.
18 Inspiring Statements
Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.
– See more at: http://quotationsbook.com/quote/7152/#sthash.3zcdcfka.dpuf
1. How you finish a play, a day, or life itself is more important than how you start it.
2. “When you rule your mind you rule your world. When you choose your thoughts you choose results.” Imelda Shanklin
3. “Hope is the feeling that the feeling you have isn’t permanent.” Jean Kerr
4. “There is no education like adversity.” Disraeli
5. A person’s worth should be judged not for getting ahead of others, but by surpassing her or himself.
6. “The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have.” Leonard Nimoy
7. We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.
8. “The human body experiences a powerful gravitational pull in the direction of hope.“ Norman Cousins
9. “Concentration leads to anticipation, which leads to reaction, which leads to execution.” Bobby Knight
10. “…the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favour all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do or dream you can begin. Boldness has genius, power and magic. Begin it now.“ Johann W. Goethe
11. “Be Courageous! Have Faith! Go Forward!” Thomas Edison
12. Gratitude is the heart’s memory.
13. “Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” St. Francis of Assisi
14. Light exposes what the darkness composes.
15. “Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid.” Basil King
16. “Excellence is the gradual result of always wanting to do better.” Pat Riley
17. “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.” Anatole France
18. “Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.” Albert Einstein
APPLICATION: Which statement got your attention? Please leave a comment below.
I’m writing in order to help people grow their faith in Jesus, build strong relationships and make their leadership effective. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box on Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.
I like #18! One has to believe in oneself to accomplish a dream or desire.
I hope you believe in yourself and that you have found North Pointe’s ministries to be supportive of helping you achieve your dream and God-given calling.