Courage is a curious thing. Those who appear courageous wish they didn’t because it means they’ve had to face something that nearly scared the life out of them. They’ve come through hell. Or maybe they’re still on the journey.
Courage is not something that you already have that makes you brave enough to face tough times. Its what you learn as you go through tough times. Its a badge people wish they didn’t have to wear. Courage isn’t always welcomed but it is always needed. Here’s to my many friends courageously facing cancer, the death of a loved one, the end of a marriage, dismissal from a job, the darkness of depression, or the desire to quit.
1. “Courage does not always roar; sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’ Mary Anne Radmacher
2. “Don’t be afraid of your fears. They’re not there to scare you. They’re there to let you know that something is worth it.” C. Joybell C.
3. “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” John 16:23
4. “Courage is contagious.” Brene Brown
5. “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
6. “The women left the tomb quickly They were afraid, but they were also very happy. They ran to tell Jesus’ followers what had happened. Suddenly Jesus met them and said, “Don’t be afraid. Go and tell my followers to go on to Galilee, and they will see me there.” Matthew 28:9,10 (New Century Version)
7. “God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” 2 Timothy 1:7 (ESV)
8. “Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me.” Psalm 23:4
11. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” Winston Churchill
13. “With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity.” Mark Twain
14. “Courage is making something happen.”
15. “It is not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit.” J.R.R.Tolkein
16. “Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.” John Wayne
17. “Courage is not something that you already have that makes you brave enough to face tough times. Courage is what you learn as you go through tough times.” Bob Jones
What is your favourite quote? Please leave a comment below. Thank you.
Hope grows here. Stories that inspire people, build faith, and offer lasting purpose.
We’d love to have you Subscribe to REVwords. We’ll put helpful content into your inbox early Mondays to get your week off to a good start.