16 profound statements you need to hear.
There is something in one or all of them for you. They take less than 60 seconds to read but their influence can have unlimited potential in your life.
1. “No word from God will ever fail.” Gabriel
2. “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.” Jesus
3. The happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.
4. “You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept.” Jesus
5. Life is like photography. You need the negatives to develop.
6. I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. Michael Jordan
7. The more you pray, the less you’ll panic. The more you worship, the less you worry.
8. It’s wonderful what happens when Jesus displaces worry at the center of your life. Paul
9. I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.
10. Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memory is sweet, cherish it.
11. Don’t worry about a failure. Use it as a springboard for greater achievement.
12. Every challenge encountered is an opportunity for growth. The pain you process today is the strength you feel tomorrow.
13. We learn something from everyone who passes through our lives. Some lessons are painful; some are painless; but all are priceless.
14. Light exposes what darkness composes.
15. Be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven. Jesus
16. When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, I used everything you gave me.
QUESTION: Which statement can you most need to hear today? Who else do you know that needs to hear them?
Nothing is impossible for God…that has always spoken to me.
Great! Thank you for letting me know.
Wow, so powerful. I am refreshed by these statements. Earlier in the morning I reflected back to my student days. I liked school and loved learning and generally got top marks. Before most exams I would pray that God would help me to do well on my exam. I completely believed He would. All my anxious thoughts would dissipate as soon as my prayer was spoken. I had complete confidence then. I struggle these days, wanting to get that belief and confidence back in me. The statements above are encouraging. Thank you so much Pastor Bob.
Carol, keep believing in the process and principle of prayer. You may not “feel” the same you did but prayer still works the same way. Have confidence that God cares and is answering. Glad the thoughts were as inspiring to you as they were to me!
I connect with 12. Every challenge encountered is an opportunity for growth. It is during our most difficult times that we learn the most about ourselves. It is so comforting to know that Jesus is with us every step of the way.
So true. The footprints poem comes to mind when thinking about going through difficult times. Thank you for joining the conversation!
I have dealt with bouts of anxiety in the past. God has used each of these circumstances to grow my faith and relationship with him. Through the storm comes the light and I have over and over been reminded that He is always there with plan and purpose.
Great thought – “…through the storm comes the light…” Good testimony of God’s faithfulness.
The footprints poem has helped me through some difficult times. Also the full version of the Serenity poem has been very helpful to me. I have learned that that in going through the pain, even though it may not be over yet, I am getting stronger over time. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
That poem has helped so many people…just like you are doing with your inspiring story, Patricia. Thank you.
“You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept.” Jesus
This resonates; highlights the purpose of life. The other verse that is my current favorite is 1 Peter 2:9 “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
Emphasis on …out of darkness into his wonderful light. Jesus is the light of the world, and just as He is so am I… wherever I go, people should see the light in me so as to give glory to my father who is in heaven, as I declare His praises, tell of His wonderful deeds especially now that there is so much darkness and evil happening privately and publicly.