Everything you have in your life is a gift from God. If God was not generous you would have nothing. Your heart would stop beating. Right now.
God is a generous God. He gives you air, sunshine, a mind to think and everything else in your life. All are sheer gifts from God. Even the ability to earn is a gift from God.
And God wants you to learn to be like Him.
Do a study of the key words of the Bible. The word “believe” – we all know that’s important – is used 272 times in the Bible.
Pray. That’s an important word. “Pray” is used in the Bible 371 times.
The word “love” is obviously an important word, is used 714 times.
But the word “give” is used 2,152 times.
11 Golden Benefits Of Generosity
1. GENEROSITY HONORS GOD
“You will be glorifying God through your generous gifts.” 2 Corinthians 9:11
2. GENEROSITY DRAWS ME CLOSER TO GOD.
When I invest in God and His work it not only honors God it draws me closer to Him because wherever my money and time go is what attracts me.
“Your heart will be wherever your treasure is.” Matthew 6:21
3. GENEROSITY IS THE CURE FOR MATERIALISM.
Jesus said, “You cannot serve both God and money.” Matthew 6:24
4. GENEROSITY DEMONSTRATES MY FAITH.
“Your giving proves the reality of your faith…” 2 Corinthians 9:13
5. GENEROSITY REVEALS MY CHARACTER.
“If you are untrustworthy with worldly wealth, who will trust you with the true riches of heaven?” Luke 16:11
6. GENEROSITY BRINGS GOD’S BLESSING.
“God loves the one who gives gladly. And God will make it up to you by giving you everything you need and more so that there will not only be enough for your own needs but plenty left over to give joyfully to others.” 2 Corinthians 9:7-8
7. GENEROSITY INCREASES MY HAPPINESS.
“Jesus said, ‘There is more happiness in giving than in receiving.’” Hebrews 9:
8. GENEROSITY EXPANDS MY INFLUENCE.
“The world of the generous gets larger and larger; the world of the stingy will get smaller and smaller.” Proverb 11:24
9. GENEROSITY MULTIPLIES MY MONEY.
“A generous man will prosper; He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.” Proverbs 11:25
10. GENEROSITY BRINGS GOD’S PROTECTION.
“All goes well for the generous man who conducts his business fairly. Such a man will not be overthrown by evil circumstances. Psalm 112:5-6
11. GENEROSITY WILL BE REWARDED IN ETERNITY.
“Use your money to do good…always being ready to share with others whatever God has given you. By doing this you will be storing up real treasure…in heaven – it is the only safe investment for eternity! And they will be living a fruitful Christian life down here as well.” 1 Timothy 6:18-19 (TLB)
Please be generous with a comment below. Thank you.
Hope grows here. I write to share stories that inspire people, build faith in Jesus, and offer lasting purpose. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box early Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.